Hydrogen Sulphide Training
Course Aim and Objectives
Basic H2S course is designed to provide the participants, who are directly engaged in oil and gas industries, with a basic understanding on the hazardous nature of Hydrogen Sulphide gas and to develop an appropriate attitude toward the safe and correct ways of responding to a H2S emergency situation.
The objectives of the H2S course are that delegates will be able to:
- State the properties and hazards associated with hydrogen sulphide gas.
- Identify the type and usage of H2S detectors.
- Describe and demonstrate the usage of respiratory protections equipment correctly.
- Explain the safe practices of working with H2S and its general procedures.
- Demonstrate the H2S emergency procedures correctly.
Upon completion of this training, the delegates will be required to demonstrate their skills and the level of knowledge and understanding of the following key areas.
- The correct usage of H2S portable personal detector
- The correct technique of using breathing apparatus; Emergency Escape Breathing Device (EEBD) and Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- H2S emergency evacuation procedures & technique
This training programme is designed to meet the minimum requirement for personnel who wish to visit or working in H2S designated area.
This course will be presented in English or Local National Language. Course delivery format will be a combination of lecture/practical and team activities
Measurement of learning outcomes shall be conducted through direct observation during practical exercises (skill).
Valid Medical Certificate